I hope you’re all having a fantastic day! I finished my homework last night and spent the last however many hours reading. How were you able to spend your Tuesday?
If you’re participating in the Winter Bibib, how is your reading going? I’ve finished one book and am in the middle of two others! I’m hoping to complete these two today and possibly even another book or two!
Stay tuned for my wrap-up at the end of the week! But it’s time for today’s post.
For those of you not familiar with Top Ten Tuesday, it was a meme created by the lovely bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish, but was moved to That Artsy Ready Girl in 2018. Be sure to check out Jana’s blog for prompts for the rest of the year!
This week for Top Ten Tuesday we’re going to be talking about books that I liked, but that I don’t remember much (or anything) about. Personally, I love this prompt! I’ve read a lot of books in my life (most notably the last 12 months) and there are several that I remember really liking but don’t remember much about or I can’t remember important details.
- I read an ARC of this book and remember really enjoying it, though there are some details I’m having trouble remembering. I’m definitely going to have reread it when the sequel comes out.
- So, I’ve heard this book raved about by so many people on BookTube and other members of the online book community and when I read it I gave it a 3-star rating. I didn’t hate it, but there were times when it felt pretty slow and it wasn’t holding my interest. But I do remember liking it by the end, I just can’t remember anything about the story. I remember the romance and the magic battle, but that’s about it. It’s a book I’m probably going to give a second chance.
- I read this graphic novel back in June after learning about it at BookCon. I really enjoyed it but didn’t continue on with the other volumes. Now I definitely want to, but will need to reread this one first since I’m having trouble remembering some of the details.
- This was one of my favorite books in 2017 and I’m kind of ashamed putting it on the list. I remember a good chunk of the Lazlo plot, but we did have another MC and several of the details from that part of the book are fuzzy. I’m impatiently waiting for Muse of Nightmare and will definitely be rereading it. Also, the ending hurt me…DON’T MAKE ME WAIT AFTER THAT.
- This was a book I adored in high school. I also bought my own copy so I can find the letters in the pictures and it rekindled my enjoyment of Dante. Unfortunately, that’s really all I remember about this book. There are some details around the big reveal that I remember and little parts of the plot, but it’s one I’m going to need to reread.
- Back in High School, I was obsessed with this book. I remember it be really powerful and I think I cried a few times too. I don’t remember anything now, but this is another book I need to reread to see if I still like it. I may need to watch the movie too.
- When I did my November wrap-up, I mentioned that by the end of the month I had some trouble remembering details about the plot of this book. Not every book should be read audio style and this was one for me. I’m definitely going to reread it to see if physically reading it results in me liking the book more.
- Similarly to P. S. I Like You, I don’t remember much about this story. I remember more than the above book, but I’m sure there are details that I’m missing. It’s another book I’m thinking about checking out again to see how my opinion of it changes on a reread.
- When I first read these books, I remember them being super weird. I lost interest in them about halfway through the second book, but still finished them all in a timely fashion. Now looking back on them, I remember some of the things that happen, but I’m not sure what happened in which book and definitely would need to reread them before actually talking about them.
- OKAY SO I REMEMBER MOST THINGS BUT HEAR ME OUT. It’s been an embarrassingly long time since I’ve read the books. I’ve seen the movies super recently, but there are several book details I’m either having trouble remembering or am not sure what’s a movie change. I’ve read some of my favorite scenes since my last official read of the books, but haven’t read the entire series for a while. I’m getting the audiobooks now so I can binge listen to them in February or March.
What are some books that you’ve read and enjoyed, but don’t remember much about?
Do you have any as shameful as my Harry Potter confession?
Let me know below!