Sorry about disappearing for the last two weeks. Finals week ended on the 22nd, I was in Long Island on the 23rd, and traveling to Minnesota for a week on the 25th. So yeah this shorter post is coming from the frozen tundra of MN. I have some drafts that I’m working on that will be up (hopefully) tomorrow so stay tuned for those!
I hope that you all had a great day/Holiday season and that whatever plans you have for New Years go well!
As we get closer to the new year I figured I could talk about some goals and plans for my reading, my blog/social media, and my life.
2017 was a much more successful reading year than I initially anticipated. As you guys know, this is my first year back into reading in a long time and I honestly did not think I was going to get as much read as I did. Knowing how 2017 went, here are my goals for 2018:
- Read 100 books
- Read (at least) 5 Sarah J. Maas books
- Read (at least) 6 Cassandra Clare books
- Read more diverse books
- Read at least 12 classics this year
- Reread HP
- Reread Twilight Saga (future video)
- Catch up on my ARCs
- Read new ARCs within one month of release
- Be more selective with ARCs
- Request ARCS
- Get TBR (of books I own) to 50
- Do 2-4 ReadAThons a Month
Joining this community was one of the best things I’ve done in 2017. Here are some plans I have going into the new year.
- Upload content more regularly
- Aiming for 3 Booktube videos/week, 5 blog posts a week (daily if I have more free time), and upload on bookstagram daily
- Increase follows/subscribers
- 1500 subscribers on the blog
- 1000 subscribers on YouTube
- 3000 followers on Insta
- Work with a big publisher
- Do more collaborations
- Do more book reviews
- Interact more with other content creators
- Graduate (currently on track for May, but need to catch up with my thesis a bit)
- Get (and stay) organized
- Get a job after graduation
So yeah, most of my goals are pretty basic and easy, but they’re some of the things I either struggled with this year or things I want to improve on. I’m sure I’ll have more goals as the year goes on, but here are some that I have now.
What are some of your goals in 2018?
Let me know below!
4 thoughts on “2018 Bookish/Reading Goals | Discussion”
Where on Long Island? I’m from there!
LikeLiked by 2 people
Nice! The aunt I was visiting lives in Hampton Bays! I also have some family in Patchouge!
LikeLiked by 1 person