Happy Tuesday everyone! I hope you’re having an amazing day!
I was so happy to see this was the prompt for this week. I’ve been organizing my unread books and looking at some spring releases, and I’m super excited to discuss these books with you all.
For those of you not familiar with Top Ten Tuesday, it was a meme created by the lovely bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish but was moved to That Artsy Ready Girl in 2018. Be sure to check out Jana’s blog for prompts for the rest of the year!
This week for Top Ten Tuesday the topic was Books on your Spring TBR!
*These books are in no particular order.
10. Elantris by Brandon Sanderson – I’ve read the first era of Mistborn earlier this year and I’m so excited to continue with the other Cosmere books, probably for the rest of 2020.
9. The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson – Similar to the previous pick, I’m so excited to continue on to second era Mistborn after loving first-era so much.
8. The Black Prism by Brent Weeks – After loving Mistborn so much, I’m so excited to dive into more adult fantasy and I’ve heard so many amazing things about the Black Prism series. The magic system in this book sounds so interesting and like the perfect pick me up after Maas and Sanderson.
7. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas – If you’ve been following me on my other social media, you’ll know I’m head over heel in love with House of Earth and Blood. Despite planning to reread this one a few more times by the end of the year, I’m also hoping to read more of Sarah’s backlist. Throne of Glass has me excited because it’s a completed series so I’ll be able to see how her long-form series concluded, as I don’t think I can count ACOWAR as a good indication of conclusions since there’s a spin-off series coming.
6. A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas – Like Throne of Glass, reading ACOFAS will complete the currently published ACOTAR series and hold me over until we get the HOEAB book 2 pub date.
5. The Lovely War by Julie Berry – Okay, so once again Heather and Riley raved about a book and my weak ass went out and got it. But common, how can you tell me there’s a trial about love, narrated by Aphrodite and oversaw by the Greek gods and NOT expect me to buy them.
4. Aurora Burning by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff – Okay, so y’all know I’m trash for this author duo and I actually really enjoyed Aurora Rising. I’m so excited to see where this series is going to go, especially since we’re supposed to be getting more focus on Kal.
3. Deck of Omens by Christine Lynn Herman – I LOVED the Devouring Gray so much and I’m so excited to see how this duology is going to conclude. Book 1 ended on some heartbreaking and shocking notes and I’m ready to be destroyed by this sequel. Thanks to NetGalley, I have an eARC and I’m hoping to get to this one in early April.
2. The One by John Marrs – Okay so I saw one of my friends talk about this one on Insta and then saw Kayla from BooksandLala rave about it and, yeah I was sold. This one sounds so interesting. I really enjoy books that questions ethics and science going too far and this seems like another hit in that sub-genre.
1. Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones – Okay, I’ll throw you all a bone here. I’ve mentioned that I’ve been working through a secret TBR and this is one of the books on it. This one is shaping up to be the last one I need to finish, so I figured I’d toss it on this list.
What are some books on your Spring (or Fall for my Southern Hemisphere friends)?
Be sure to let me know below!