Ah, I’m so happy we’re finally at the spooky season!
I have so many books I want to read this month and there are three (possibly four) readathons I want to participate in.
I don’t know how much I’m going to deviate from my TBR,
If you rather hear my talk about the books and why I’m excited for them, here’s my TBR video!
[VIDEO COMING SOON]
Oh and below I’ll go more into the readathons. TBRs for Spookathon and Witchathon coming later this month!
Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco
Escaping from Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco
Becoming the Dark Prince by Kerri Maniscalco
Capturing the Devil by Kerri Maniscalco
Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir
Serpent and Dove by Shelby Mahurin
Kingdom of Souls by Rena Barron
Wilder Girls by Kory Power
The Whisper Man by Alex North
The Devouring Gray by Christine Lynn Herman
The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw
Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan
Girls of Storm and Shadow by Natasha Ngan
A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness
The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness
Middlegame by Seanan McGuire
Hocus Pocus Readathon <Team Sanderson>
Dates: October 1st – 13th
Hosts: Pages and Ink and Tiffy E
- Potions, Spells, and Enchantments. Read a book with a witchy main character (5 points).
- Book pick: Discovery of Witches
- The Sanderson Sisters have risen. Read a book with a female protagonist (5 points).
- Book pick: Kingdom of Souls
- The magic book is calling to you. Read a book that is spellbindingly atmospheric (5 points).
- Book pick: The Wicked Deep
- The Burning Rain of Death! Read a book that frightens you (5 points).
- Book pick: The Whisper Man
- Mater Satan is pleased with you. Read a book with a powerful villain (5 points).
- Book pick: The Devouring Gray
- Work together with your team to take down those horrible children and become immortal. Read the group book (10 points).
- Book Pick: Serpent and Dove
- Celebrate your victory by watching Hocus Pocus (15 points).
Team Goal: Cast the spell to become immortal. Requires 50 points
Strength: You cast a spell to give your team a boost. Add five points to ONE prompt.
Weakness: In order to capture the children, you must learn about them. You must read a YA or middle-grade novel.
Dates: October 14th – 20th
- Read a thriller
- Read a book with red on the cover
- Read a book with a spooky word in the title
- Read a book with a spooky setting
- Read something you wouldn’t normally read
Dates: October 24th – 31st
Host: Crescent Moon Reads
- Samhain is a time for honoring your ancestors… so once again, pick a book that features your heritage.
- This Sabbat is a time when the veil is thinnest, pick a book that features communing with the dead… (ghosts or mediumship or necromancy)
- We are heading into the darkest part of the year… Pick a book that promises to be dark & twisted.
- Witches often make offerings to spirit guides or gods… Pick a book that involves a pantheon of deities!
- Dancing round the bonfire is a Samhain tradition… pick a book that has fire on the cover.
- Many celebrate the Sabbat as Halloween and dress up, post a picture of your costume and tag the readathon!
- Read the group pick Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir
What are you planning on reading the month?
Let me know below!
One thought on “October 2019 | TBR”
I’m participating in Spookathon too! But I’ll probably go for much shorter books. 🌈