I hope you’re all having a great start to the month! Though we’re only four days in, I’ve definitely had some really good and pretty shit moments.
Here’s to hoping the rest of the month is better!
For those of you not familiar with Top Ten Tuesday, it was a meme created by the lovely bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish but was moved to That Artsy Ready Girl in 2018. Be sure to check out Jana’s blog for prompts for the rest of the year!
This week for Top Ten Tuesday the topic was Cozy/Wintery Reads!
When I think of cozy reads, I think of the best books to read while snuggled in a blanket, with a warm beverage, and of course, my dogs. These are also books that I think are familiar and I love revisiting them.
As always, the list is in no particular order.
10. Strange the Dreamer — This is a book that is just so lyrical and captivating, it’s the perfect book to read while curled up on a cold winter night. This is the kind of story that transports you to a new world and keeps you hooked from page one.
9. Sadie – Courtney Summers — I wouldn’t call this a comforting read by any means, but I think it’s a great one for a cozy night in. This is a short, fast paced mystery that will keep you on the edge of your seat until the last page. For the long nights in, this is something I definitely find myself drifting towards.
8. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater — Like Strange, The Raven Boys is one of those books that just captivates you and transports you on this unique adventure.
7. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho — This is one of the few classics I’ve read and really enjoyed. This book is a great travel story (I last read it when on the plane to Vegas), and I think it’s a great winter read. Also, a good chunk of this story takes place in the desert and in the winter I love reading about warm places.
6. Foolish Hearts by Emma Mills — This is such a cute fluffy contemporary and is probably the coziest book on this entire list. I just felt happy reading this and it came to me when I desperately needed it. And who doesn’t love a fluffy read and cup of cocoa?
5. Girl Made of Stars by Ashley Herring Blake — Okay, this is the exact opposite as Foolish Hearts, as this is a realistic contemporary that shattered my soul. I loved this book so much, but wow it was heavy. That being said, I think this is a great winter read as it’s another short book that you can read while curled up with a hot beverage on a quiet night in.
4. The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton — This book reads almost as a mythological tale and while not traditionally cozy, was one that I would find myself gravitating towards on a cold night in.
3. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff — One of my favorite books of all time, Illuminae is just a fun, thrilling, sci-fi read that is great for when you want to escape the real world for a few hours. The audiobooks is one of my favorites and it’s perfect for escaping the cold for a few hours.
2. Every Heart A Doorway by Seanan McGuire — This is a short novella you can probably read in a couple hours. This is such a fun, cozy story, with lovable characters, an interesting plot, and is so great for the winter.
1. Even the Darkest Stars by Heather Fawcett — The only book on this list I haven’t read, this book screams winter to me. This takes place in the frozen mountains and is what I think of immediately when someone says “winter read.” I didn’t get to this book last year and I’m so excited to read it this winter!
What are your favorite cozy/wintery reads?
Be sure to let me know below!