Well, to say 2018 has been a rough year is a bit of an understatement. This year I have faced some of the hardest obstacles and I’m still surprised I’m actually making it out of the year. Well hoping too, I don’t dare jinx anything.
But I wanted to make a moment to reflect on some of the good things that have happened over the last year!
For those of you not familiar with Top Ten Tuesday, it was a meme created by the lovely bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish but was moved to That Artsy Ready Girl in 2018. Be sure to check out Jana’s blog for prompts for the rest of the year!
This week for Top Ten Tuesday we had a Thanksgiving freebie, so I wanted to use this moment to reflect on some things I’m thankful for this year.
As always, the list is in no particular order.
10. Friends – This year I have made so many amazing friends in the bookish community! To name all of them is impossible and I KNOW I’m going to forget someone, but here are some of the amazing friends I made this past year: Chelsea, Destiny, Kathy, Melanie, Julie, Rhiannon, Amanda, Bex, Spencer, Kassie, Sam, Jordan, Alex, and Erica!
9. BookCon 2018 – This experience was so much fun! This was the second year I went and I’m seriously so so excited for next year! I have so many mutual going and I seriously cannot wait to meet them IRL!
8. ARCs – This one will come off as a bit self-centered, and for that I’m sorry, but I’m thankful that I’m able to get ARCs. Even though I’m awful about getting ARCs read on time (no matter how excited for it I am), as a newer person in the blogging community, getting ARCs feels like such a milestone.
7. Logan and Nitro – Probably the worse thing that happened this year was losing Alastor. There are still nights where I cry myself to sleep or see something that reminds me of him and I completely break down. But Logan and Nitro are helping me get past the pain. They are so full of life and have really helped bring a smile back to my face.
6. Graduation – Okay, this hasn’t technically happened yet, but I’m on track to officially graduate this semester and I am so excited. My advisor and I are going through some more nitpicky comments on my thesis, but once she gives me the stamp of approval, I’ll officially be done! I think we’re on track to have it done by the end of the month!
5. Christian – I don’t talk about my relationship a lot, but I need to take a moment to shout of Christian for all he’s done this pass year. There are some hurdles I honestly don’t know if I’d be able to cross if it wasn’t for him and his support.
4. Magick – This year I’ve been able to talk to some amazing people who have encouraged me to explore witchcraft, something that has been a latent interest of mine for years but something I’ve never had the courage to actually pursue. Having people in this community I could talk to or reach out to is so amazing and I cannot wait to see how this journey continues in 2019.
3. Bookish Community – How can I make a list of things I’m thankful for and not include this community as a whole! The online book community has given me a place to openly be myself and gush over my favorite books. While there are still days where I feel like I’m a bit of an outcast, I know that there is a place for me and my voice.
2. Favorite Books of the Year – This is a weird one, but I’m so thankful for my favorite books of this year. With my life going to hell, having these prose to fall back to has been seriously so amazing.
1. Possible Employment – You know that saying about money buying happiness? Well, when most of your problems are caused by the lack on money, having some can actually buy happiness (or at least rent it). I was holding off on saying anything because I don’t want to Jinx it, but I think I may be ending the year on a high note and if so, that will definitely be one of the top things to be thankful for this year.
Now this isn’t a comprehensive list, but I don’t want to go on to long…
What are some things you’re thankful for this year?
Be sure to let me know below!