I hope you’re all having an amazing week!
For those of you not familiar with Top Ten Tuesday, it was a meme created by the lovely bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish but was moved to That Artsy Ready Girl in 2018. Be sure to check out Jana’s blog for prompts for the rest of the year!
This week for Top Ten Tuesday I’m actually doing a different prompt than the one that was suggested, but I saw Destiny do this one last week and it was one I really wanted to do as well.
10. Broken Things by Lauren Oliver – This one seems like a compelling mystery that I’m so excited to dive into. I’ve seen some mixed/low reviews for this one, but it still has my curiosity peaked and I can’t wait to give it a read! This one seems like a great blend of several mystery/thriller tropes and I can’t wait to experience it!
9. The Devil’s Thief by Lisa Maxwell – I’m just as surprised as you that I haven’t read this one yet either. I loved the first book so much and I’m so excited to see what the sequel has to offer! I’m hoping to get to this one during Tome Topple this month and I seriously cannot wait!
8. The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton – This book sounds like a super compelling, Groundhog’s Day style mystery story. I’m curious to see if this is like a Happy Death Day concept, where the MC is killed several times or what. I’ve seen some mixed reviews on this book, but it’s still one I can’t wait to read.
7. Jack of Hearts (And Other Parts) by L. C. Rosen – A sex-positive queer main character? Um, yes please. As someone that loves seeing sex+ portrayals in books, especially YA books, this one seems like one I’m already going to be obsessed with. The synopsis also suggests that there are some more thrillerish elements and I can’t wait to get this one read.
6. Light Years by Kass Morgan – Space boarding school? Strangers bonding over a quest (I think..)? Space boarding school? Yeah, this book sounds like it’s one I’m going to be obsessed with and I can’t wait finally pick it up! I was supposed to have this one read in September, but you know what, later is better than never…right?
5. Me and Me by Alice Kuipers – Something about alternate realities just always peaks my interest. Every time I read the synopsis for this one, my interest is repeaked and I’m dying to get to this one. Also, another book from that September backlist that desperately needs to get read.
4. The Competition by Cicely Wolfe – This is another book I was supposed to get to in September and I’m slowly working through that backlist. The plot of this one still has me super intrigued and I can’t wait to get to it. Competition books (especially with compelling main characters) are some I have a soft spot for, and I can’t wait to see how this one is done.
3. A Blade So Black by L. L. McKinney – I was supposed to help with a blog tour for this one, but needed to pull out due to personal issues. That being said, this book sounds so good. A Blade So Black is an Alice in Wonderland retelling, featuring a black main character. This one is also following an older Alice, and I’m so ready for it!
2. The Brilliant Death by Amy Rose Capetta – I won this ARC in a giveaway hosted by the lovely Melanie and it’s been taunting me ever since. I’m hoping to have this one read this weekend (or by the time you actually see this), but it sounds like such an amazing fantasy!
1. Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan – I got my ARC of this book back in March and have been eyeing it ever since. This book just released last week and I’m kicking myself for not getting to it yet. As of the day I’m writing this, I just got the audiobook from the library, so hopefully, I can get this one read ASAP!
What are some of your favorite reads of the year (so far)?
Be sure to let me know below!