This is coming up super late, but it’s still my birthday for like 20 more minutes (okay, well it was when I started this post. It’s technically after midnight now buuuuuuut we’re still gonna count it!)
First, sorry for disappearing these last few days! I’ve been reading and prepping some posts, so we’ll get back to regular-ish content soon!
But let’s not waste anymore time!
Today (September 12th) is my birthday and I thought this tag would be a fun way to celebrate!
Original tag: Antonia @ Always Books
1) Birthday Cake: A book with a plot that seems cliché but you adore it anyway.
For this one, I’m going with the Splintered series by A. G. Howard!
This series has some serious cliché and cheesy moments, but I still love it!
2) Party Guests: Your most anticipated book release for this year.
Ah, SO MANY! I actually have a full video on it, which you can watch here!
But here are some standouts:
3) Birthday Presents: A book that surprised you with how much you loved it.
I have talked about this book waaaaaay too much, but yeah, this one totally surprised me with how much I enjoyed it! If you haven’t read it yet, you totally need too!
4) “Happy Birthday” Song: A book that certainly deserved all the hype it got.
Okay, Evelyn Hugo totally counts for this one, but another one that really lived up to the hype for me is Girl Made of Stars! This book was beautiful, heartbreaking, and definitely, a must read.
Major trigger warning for sexual assault!
5) Happy Music: A book with some very beautiful and truly memorable quotes.
Because I’m not prepared, this one kind of stumped me. But I think Harry Potter and the Raven boys have some pretty good quotes!
6) Getting Older: A book that you read a long time ago, but you think you would appreciate more if you read it as a more mature reader.
I first read the alchemist like three years ago, and while I’m not that much older or more mature I do have a slightly different look on life and I’m curious to see how that plays into my reread of this one!
7) Sweet Birthday Memories: A book that kept you incredibly happy during a sad or demanding period of your life.
When I first read Foolish Hearts, it was during a pretty rough time. The characters really spoke to me, and this book really helped me to smile.
Be sure to let me know what some of your answers for this tag would be!
6 thoughts on “Birthday Book Tag // Not Tag Tuesday…But Close”
Happy belated birthday, I hope you had a great day!
Happy late birthday!!! Hope you had a great day😄 I love this tag post, I totally agree that TRB and HP are quotable books!!
Happy belated birthday! This post is literally mostly my TBR and I can’t wait to read them even more now! 💖
Happy late birthday, Becky! Hope you had a wonderful day. 🙂