Sorry, this is coming so late!
I’ve had some tech issues and between that and packing, I’ve been pretty behind on all things social media related.
For a quick reminder, last week Amanda took over my blog and recommended me some books to read. Since then, I’ve done a “Try a Chapter” tag and picked one of the books to read and review.
Without any further ado, here are the five books I read, my thoughts, and the one I picked!
1. I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson – Reading the ebook of this was definitely not the right format for me, but I was still pretty intrigued. This is one of those books I’ve seen so many people talk about and have considered picking it up, but it never felt the right time. This is one I’d love to pick up for our try a chapter tag, but I’m not sure if I’ll be able to get a copy of this book (and read it/review it) before the 29th (no, my library doesn’t have it).
2. Nice Try, Jane Sinner by Lianna Oelke – This is one I feel like I need to be in the mood for. The stylized writing makes it seem like it’s going to be a super quick read, but the first little bit I read didn’t totally grip me. That being said, I’ve seen this one get a ton of praise when it first released, so I’m not totally writing it off yet. It’s just not the right time now.
3. More Happy than Not by Adam Silvera – “Silvera’s books are going to crush your soul; that’s a given.” Yeah…wow I am not in the right mindset for this book. I felt my mood starting to shift and with everything else going on now it’s just not the right time. I am interested in reading an Adam Silvera book, but just not today (or this week).
4. Under Rose Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall – This one did really peak my interest, but not as much as the other books on this list. This is another one I’ve heard a lot of great things about and I’m looking forward to checking it out, just not for a while.
5. It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover – Okay, so Colleen Hoover is Amanda’s favorite author, but I know several people that say her books are super problematic. The first chapter was interesting enough. I’m curious to see how the rest of this books unfolds and to read my first Colleen Hoover book.
And the book I’m going to read is…
I’m not going to lie, I’ll Give You the Sun is really the one I wanted to read, but I’m not sure if I’ll get a copy in time. But my library did have an audiobook of It Ends With Us. Also, I’m really intrigued to pick up a Colleen Hoover book, since she is so controversial.
If I do get a copy of I’ll Give You the Sun and read it before the 29th, I may switch it out, but we’ll see. But for now, this is the one I’m going to go with.
Stay tuned for my review on the 29th!
Also, check out Amanda’s post here.
Have you read It Ends With Us?
What did you think?
Be sure to let me know below!
2 thoughts on “Summer Blogger Promo Tour // Week 3 (Hecka Late)”