First, unrelated but this week’s Film Friday will be a bit late (either late Friday or early Saturday!), sorry!
We are officially one week into Tome Topple and I’m not gonna lie, I haven’t done as much reading as I wanted to.
I started reading my first tome on July 2nd…FOUR days into the readathon. What’s even more insane is that I still think I can finish the seven books I have on my TBR.
But let’s jump into my progress update!
(Also, I left the info about the readathon and my TBR in this post, in case you didn’t see my original Tome Topple post.)
What: A readathon dedicated to reading big books. For this readathon, a “tome” is any book over 500 pages, though they’re pretty flexible. So if a book on your TBR is 480 pages, you’re fine. Also, with the exception of the graphic novel challenge, this readathon focuses on full-length novels (and audiobooks). Short story and poetry collections do not count.
When: June 29th – July 12th!
Sam’s Offical Announcement Video:
- Sam @ Thoughts on Tomes
- Adriana @ Perpetual Pages
- Sarah-Jane @ The Book Life
- Sian @ Readers Rambles
- Catriona @ Little Book Owl
- Read more than one tome
- Read a graphic novel (still over 500 pages)
- Read a tome that’s part of a series
- Buddy read a tome
- Read an adult book
Honestly, I’m not using the challenges to guide my TBR. That being said, I can probably get 2 or 3 of the prompts done with the books I’m interested in. [Future Becky here, I can actually get up to 4 done!]
- A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness (Hardcover: 579 pages)
- My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows (Hardcover: 512 pages)
- The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell (Hardcover: 500 pages)
- The Devil’s Thief by Lisa Maxwell (ARC: 690 pages)
- A Court of Thornes and Roses by Sarah J. Maas (Hardcover: 416 pages — not a tome, I know, but I need to read this book to read the sequels)
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas (Hardcover: 626 pages)
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas (Hardcover: 699 pages)
June 29th: 0 pages read.
June 30th: 0 pages read.
July 1st: 0 pages read.
July 2nd: 155 pages read — A Discovery of Witches
July 3rd: 90 pages read — A Discovery of Witches; 129 pages read — My Lady Jane, 219 pages total
July 4th 🇺🇸: 362 pages read — My Lady Jane (Finished), 128 pages read — A Discovery of Witches, 283 pages read — The Last Magician, 773 pages total
July 5th: 39 pages read — The Last Magician (it was a busy day 😬)
Challenges Completed: 0, but once these books are done I will have 4 challenges completed.
Books Completed: 1!
Pages Read: 1,186 pages read (in four days too, not too shabby!)
Are you participating in Tome Topple?
If so, what books are you reading?
Let me know below!