Happy Tuesday everyone! I hope you’re all having a great first half of the week. I’m having a pretty good day, though I have some personal stuff going on that’s super stressing me out.
Right now, I’m waiting to hear back about a few things that may result in some big changes. I’ll update you all when I know more.
Also, wow, I did not realize how long it’s been since I’ve done a top 10 list. Sorry about that.
For those of you not familiar with Top Ten Tuesday, it was a meme created by the lovely bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish but was moved to That Artsy Ready Girl in 2018. Be sure to check out Jana’s blog for prompts for the rest of the year!
This week for Top Ten Tuesday we’re going to be talking about 10 book series I’ve abandoned (topic by A Book and a Cup), however, I haven’t really abandoned any series (at least not that I can think of) so I’m going to do another prompt I missed out on, Top 10 books I’d slay a lion to get early.
With how out of control my anticipated release list is for the rest of the year, I have plenty of books to talk about.
As always, this list is in no particular order.
1. Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor — Oh my gosh, you guys don’t know how excited I am for this book! Strange ended on one hell of a cliffhanger and I can’t wait to see how this story continues! I loved the audiobook for Strange and am really looking forward to experiencing Muse through audio as well.
2. The Devil’s Thief by Lisa Maxwell — The Last Magician was one of my favorite books of last year and I’m so excited to see how the story continues. Fortunately, I don’t have to battle a lion for this one, because I was able to score an ARC of this one at BookCon after some Twitter trading.
3. Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan — This is another book that the more I hear about it, the more I want to read it. This sounds like such a fun feminist, fantasy read! Ah, I’m seriously so excited. I do have an ARC of this one too and I’m so happy I can read this one early!
4. To Be Honest by Maggie Ann Martin — I saw Chelsea RAVE about this book after picking it up at YallWest and I’ve been intrigued ever since. I feel like I’m going to resonate with this book a lot and cannot wait to finally pick this one up.
5. Toil & Trouble: 15 Tales of Women & Witchcraft edited by Tess Sharpe — I’ve seen Lala and Julie talk about this book and I’m really intrigued to check it out. I’m really digging all these witchy books coming out this year. While I’m not usually one for anthologies, I’m really excited to pick this one up!
6. Two Dark Reigns by Kendare Blake — So I’m not gonna lie, I haven’t been thrilled with this series, especially the second book. This was supposed to be a duology that got expanded to a quartet, which I personally don’t mind. What I haven’t been enjoying though is how little explanations we’ve been getting in the story. There have been some potentially AMAZING reveals, but little tie into the main plot. I’m hoping this has been purposely vague because there are still two more books coming, but I’m not overly optimistic. That being said, I am looking forward to giving these two books a chance.
7. A Blade So Black by L. L. McKinney — ALICE IN WONDERLAND RETELLING. BADASS MAIN CHARACTER. This book honestly sounds like “The Wiz” but for Alice. Our heroine is from Atlanta and has to venture into Wonderland to find the antidote. Yeah, I’m pumped for this one and can’t wait to pick it up!
8. The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy by Mackenzi Lee — I LOVED Gentleman’s Guide and thought all the characters were super fun. I loved how feisty Felicity was and can’t wait to see her hold her own in this book! I’m also hoping we get some cameos from Monty and Percy.
9. Grim Lovelies by Megan Shepherd — I’m not gonna lie, I don’t know much about this book. I’ve seen some people review this book and hype it up, but even after reading the synopsis, I’m not entirely sure what this is actually about. That being said, the little bit I did read and the positive reviews have me pretty hyped.
10. What If It’s Us by Becky Albertelli and Adam Silvera — Yeah, this book is showing up on a lot of lits. This is the collab many of us have been waiting for and I don’t know about you guys, but I’m pretty stoked. I haven’t read any of Adam’s book (I have until August to rectify this so shhh) and I’ve mostly enjoyed Becky’s books, so I’m really excited to see how their co-authored book reads.
What are some series you’re dying to get your hands on?
Be sure to let me know below!