Happy Tuesday everyone! I’m one midterm from freedom and 10 days from spring break, so we are almost back to a regular-ish upload schedule! Thank you all for bearing with my irregular uploads and your kind words on my Life Update post. Your continued support means so much!
Anyways, today is Tuesday which means that it’s time for Top Ten Tuesday! For those of you not familiar with Top Ten Tuesday, it was a meme created by the lovely bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish, but was moved to That Artsy Ready Girl in 2018. Be sure to check out Jana’s blog for prompts for the rest of the year!
This week for Top Ten Tuesday we’re going to be talking about 10 books on my Spring TBR (in no particular order because narrowing down to 10 was hard enough lol). For this post, “Spring” will be defined as March, April, and May.
1. Obsidio by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff – I was fortunate enough to go to the release event at Books of Wonder on the 13th and was able to meet these two lovely people. I’m so excited, but a little scared to read Obsidio. Currently, I’m saving it for my reward for surviving this month and will be reading it next week to kick off Spring Break. That also gives me time to finish my reread of Gemina.
2. Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi – I have heard nothing but amazing reviews of this book. My copy from the library just came in and I can’t wait to dive in! Waterstone has a stunning edition of this book I’ve been eyeing as well!
3. The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw – A book that’s basically Hocus Pocus? Sign me up! I’ve seen amazing reviews for this one and am having some major cover lust. I’m hoping to read this one in the next month or two, but I’m so so excited to check it out.
4. The Case for Jamie by Brittany Cavallaro – The third book in the Charlotte Holmes trilogy is finally here and I’m actually really excited to see how this series concludes. I love the first book and liked the second book, but have pretty high hopes for this concluding novel. Lots of things have been set into place and I’m intrigued to see how everything will wrap up.
5. Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody – After reading Daughter of the Burning City, I was craving more from Amanda Foody. Her writing was fun and captivating and I’m excited to see more from her. Ace of Shades is the first book in a new trilogy set in a mobster/casino inspired world. I personally haven’t read anything like this and I’m so excited to dive in!
6. Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young – I’ve seen nothing but positive reviews for this one and I’m really excited. This is a high fantasy novel routed in Norse mythology and I didn’t realize how badly I wasn’t a novel in this setting. I’m still on a Norse kick from Thor: Ragnarok and Magnus Chase, so yeah, give me all the Norse books! Also, the publisher is Wednesday books and “Wednesday” was named for Odin, so that’s pretty cool.
7. Leah on the Offbeat by Becky Albertalli – Look how cute Leah look on the cover! My heart. Also, major shoutout to 2018 for featuring some stunning plus size people on their covers. I don’t know about you, but I’m still fangirling over Love, Simon and Simon vs. and can’t wait to hear Leah’s story. Leah is such an interesting character and having her as the MC is going to be a blast. Also, this book is going to have plus size rep and bi rep!
8. Legendary by Stephanie Garber – Okay, so you all know my views on Caraval. It was amazing until the ending them bleh. But, I’m super excited to see how the story continues. This book is going to follow Tella and has the opportunity to resolve my issues with Caraval. I’ve seen several positive reviews of Legendary, many people saying that it’s better than Caraval. I can’t wait until May to read it and find out.
9. Furyborn by Claire Legrand – I have an ARC of this one I can’t wait to dive into. This story sounds so captivating and magical and I can’t wait. I feel myself going on a fantasy kick and I’m excited to get lost in all these new worlds. This book also features elemental magic, something I’m finding myself enjoying more and more and I can’t wait to see how this magic system works in this world. Also, can we take a moment to appreciate that cover?
10. LIFEL1K3 by Jay Kristoff – I have been so intrigued by Jay’s solo works. I’m planning on reading the Nevernight books a bit closer to the release of the third book, but I will definitely be needing something new after Obsidio destroys me. Fortunately, Jay has a new book coming out in May and I’m super excited.
Naturally, there are several more books on my Spring TBR, but these are the ones I’m probably the most excited for.
What are some books on your Spring TBR?
Be sure to let me know below!