I hope you’re all having a fantastic day! I have a long list of things to do for my online class because I didn’t do anything the last few days (because I’m lazy). Boy am I regretting that now. I know that once I get started on my to-do list, I’ll knock it out fairly quickly, but getting started is the hard part.
Time to procrastinate more by writing blog posts!
For those of you not familiar with Top Ten Tuesday, it was a meme created by the lovely bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish, but was moved to That Artsy Ready Girl in 2018. Be sure to check out Jana’s blog for prompts for the rest of the year!
This week for Top Ten Tuesday we’re going to be talking about bookish goals & resolutions!
So I already did a post like this, but I wanted to add a few extra goals into the mix. The goals in my original post are pretty bland and generic so I wanted to use this as a chance to get more creative.
If you want to read my first post, you can by clicking here.
10 More Bookish Goals (in no particular order):
1. Cut down my book buying
- I don’t think my buying is out of control, but with a thrift store with a dollar section and the chance of moving in my future, I need to make sure I don’t go overboard. Also, I have no more room on any of my bookshelves and like 6 stacks of books.
2. Upload more consistently
- No this is not a repeat. On this first post, I said regularly, which I think I’ve been doing pretty well. Now time to take it one step further and actually have a schedule. I tried having one before, it was hit or miss. In 2018, I want to have clear days that you can all expect content from me on my various platforms.
- This also goes for responding to comments. I read them almost immediately, but I don’t always respond right away.
3. Do more reviews
- I have seen tons of people saying they’re not going to do as many reviews (especially on BookTube) because they don’t get views. Well, I am going to do more because I think getting reviews is important and I love giving my two cents on things.
4. More unique BookTube content
- Right now my BookTube’s content is pretty boring. I have unboxings, TBRs, wrap-ups, hauls, a few reviews and not much else. I want to bring more content on there, especially since I have so much content on here. I don’t want to have too many things identical on both platforms, but there will be some crossover.
5. Upload (almost) every day
- This is a blog only goal, but I really want to upload something on here as close to every day as humanly possible. I love doing the bookish memes and am trying to find some Saturday and Sunday ones that I really like. I’m keeping my Freebie Friday and Theory Thursday, but may introduce some others that I like. I’m also trying to find a Wednesday one that’s NOT Top 5 Wednesday. I have nothing against and I may actually try to do it on BookTube, but I figured back-to-back lists would get annoying after a while.
6. Have a successful book club
- So I just announced the Hardbacks and Snacks book club that’s starting up this month and I really want to see this be a success. Audris and I are cool with this just being our little monthly buddy read, but if this can grow in the bookish community than our little bookworm hearts would also be pretty happy.
- This one is a repeat, but I’d love to grow this blog (and my other social media). I love connecting with you all and reaching out to others in the bookish community. I can’t wait to see how everything evolves over the next year!
8. Go to more bookish events
- So this is one I can do with a combination of more funds, knowing where I’m going to be in the second half of the year, and following people on social media to see when and where all the cool stuff is happening. The only thing that will really hinder this one will be class since the semester is starting up again soon.
- Events I’m hoping to attend:
- Zenith launch on January 19th (coordinating with a friend)
- BookCon (just need to make sure I’m still out here in June, will know that soonish)
9. Make more internet friends
- This one goes along with interacting within the community more, but I want to make more internet friends. You can never have too many and there are far more amazing people out there than who’s in my little circle.
10. Host a readathon (officially)
- I love readathons. I want to interact with people more. I want to make a friend or two. Hosting a readathon sounds like a pretty awesome way to get there! I have a couple of things that I’ve been tossing around. If you’d like to co-host something with me, feel free to reach out!
And those are 10 more bookish goals I have for 2018!
What are some goals that you have?
Let me know below!