Well normally I take the weekends off, but I wanted to make sure I got this post up in a timely fashion!
I am so excited to announce that I am one of the Instagram hosts for the Biannual Biblothon! I’ve mentioned this on some other platforms, but I’m still beyond excited! If you have no clue what the Biannual Biblothon is, it is a readathon that runs twice a year and is hosted by some super cool people.
They can explain it to you here:
This readathon strives to connect with the entire online bookish community, so there are Instagram, video, reading, AND blog challenges that you can participate with! The video challenges have already been announced, along with the reading challenges. The blog challenges are currently being announced and the Instagram challenges will be announced the day that challenge.
I am so excited for this readathon to kick off! It will be running from JANUARY 20TH – JANUARY 26TH, and on the 27th there will be a live discussion where the hosts talk about the group book, Otherworlds.
To learn more about this readathon, be sure to watch the announcement video above! But without any further ado, let’s get into the TBR!
1. Read the group book: OTHERWORLD by Jason Segel & Kirsten Miller
2. Read a sequel
3. Read a book you’ve never heard of before
4. Read a book about mental illness
5. Read a book that was mentioned in another book/movie/show etc.
6. Read a book under 200 pages
7. Read a backlist title
1. Otherworld by Jason Segal & Kirsten Miller (if my copy comes through by then). It’s currently on hold at my library.
2. The Girl Who Saved Ghosts by K. C. Tansley or another sequel if I start a series by then. Right now I’m not reading any and don’t have a solid pick for this challenge.
3. & 6. Cauldron’s Bubble by Amber Elby – I was sent this book for review and I’m super excited to check it out. It’s 195 pages of Shakespearean inspired fantasy and it’s a book I never heard of until the author reached out to me.
5. Macbeth by William Shakespeare – It’s been a while since I’ve read this one and it is mentioned in Cauldron’s Bubble. I personally found this challenge fun, but if you’re totally stumped, I have a Google Doc with several suggestions on it. There’s also a Tumblr page dedicated to movie characters reading books.
4. Winner Take All by Laurie Devore – I’m not sure if this book is about mental illness, but it is about toxic relationships and competition and I’m excited to check it out. I’ll update in my wrap up if it is about mental illness or not.
7. The Alienist by Caleb Carr – I’ve been meaning to pick up this book for so long and NEED to get to it soon. It’s also a book about an “Alienist” which is basically a Victorian Era Forensic Psychologist, so it might also be about mental illness (unlikely but it could be).
Are you participating in this readathon?
If so what’s your TBR?
Let me know below!