Hopefully we’re back to consistent content. I have some things planned for the blog and for YouTube, so I hope you all like it! Also, if you’re not following me on Twitter or Instagram, you should, but you also missed my super exciting news. I will be an Instagram/Twitter host for the Winter Biannual Bibliothon 😱. I will share more details when I can, but make sure you’re following the winter bibib on Twitter, Instagram, and subscribe to their YouTube channel!
This month is going to be CRAZY though. There are so many read-a-thons planned (calendar at the bottom of this post!) along with the final crunch of the semester, Thanksgiving (here in America), and some personal stuff going on in my life.
I was debating about actually having a TBR this month since I’ve done a crap job following them the last few months. I still have one with what I’d like to read, but we’ll see what I’ll actually pick up.
Dust of Many by Brian M. Oldham (not on Goodreads 😬)
ScallywagAThon – November 5th (midnight your time) -11th(11:59pm/23:59 your time)
- Challenges are a bit more complex as you’re supposed to follow this map. Ali is able to answer any questions you may have and is willing to work with those who are colorblind as this map is color-coded.
#TBRKnockdown24 (24 Hour Read-A-Thon) – November 11th (5pm/17:00 AEST) – November 11th (5pm/17:00 AEST)
ContemporaryAThon – November 13th – November19th (I think your time zone)
- Read the most recent contemporary book you purchased/acquired
- Read an adult contemporary
- Read a contemporary that has characters on the LGBTQIA+ spectrum
- Read a romance that is 5 years old or older
- Read a contemporary that (to the best of your knowledge) is NOT set during the summer
- Read a dark/taboo contemporary
- Buddy read a book with someone OR read the group book!
- The contemporary genre is very loosely defined. Basically, anything free of paranormal or magical elements is fair game for this challenge, that includes thrillers, erotica, romance, literary fiction, etc.
Tome Topple – November 17th (midnight your time) – 30th (11:59/23:59 your time)
- A “tome” is a book that is over 500 pages.
1. Read more than 1 tome
2. Read a graphic novel (still over 500 pages!)
3. Read a tome that is part of a series
4. Buddy read a tome
5. Read an adult novel
** Bonus Challenges: check out Sam’s IG for IG challenges closer to the readathon!**
- Challenges (not all of the emoji’s transferred, so some look different- check out the original Google Doc for the original emojis):
- ☃️ – A book set during winter
- 🎄 – Read a book with green on the cover
- 🤶🏻 – A book that has the Christmas spirit (a Christmas book)
- 😇 – A book with angels in it
- 📵 – Read for 60 minutes straight without checking your phone
- 🕎 – A book with a reflective cover
- 🎁 – A book you received as a gift
- 🍬 – A book that has red & white on the cover
- 🍾 – New year, new book! Start a new series.
- 👻 – Ghost of Christmas past; read a book that has been haunting your TBR for over a year
- ☕️ – A warm/fuzzy read
- 🤖 – Shiny new toy, read a new book that you’ve been dying to get your hands on
- ⛸ – YAY SPORTS! GO TEAM! Read a book featuring sports (bonus points for a wintery sport)
- ❄️ – Read a book with snow on the cover
- 🍽 – A book that features family or food
- 🎅🏻 – A book with bad reviews
- 🚂 – A book that features travel
- 🏝 – Dreaming of Christmas in July. Read a book set during the summer
- 🎶 – Fa La La La L-ISTEN to an audiobook!
- 📚 – Freebie
TBRs for these challenges to come!
What are you planning on reading this month?
Be sure to let me know in the comments below!