I hope you’re all having an amazing week. I’m so thrilled to say that I’ve been nominated for my first blog award! I still can’t believe it! Thank you all so much for your love and support and HUGE thank you to Ms. Victorious from Victorious Pages for the nomination!
* Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
* Write a post to show your award.
* Give a brief story of how your blog started.
* Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
* Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
* Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them & provide the link to the post you created.
How my Blog Started:
I’ve been an avid book lover for most of my youth. My mom raised me and my sister to love books; she encouraged reading and raised two fangirls and bookworms. Taking time off from reading was incredibly hard, but I’m thrilled the reading community has welcomed me back with open arms.
This blog has become my little corner of the internet where I can obsess about books, something I can’t do in my day to day life. I do have to give some credit to Audris because of all the tips, tricks, and pointers she’s given. She’s the reason I went from thinking “blogging is cool” to “I’m going to start a blog.” It was a couple months after talking to her that I actually created a blog. I messed up the formatting and deleted that blog and about a month later I created this one. It’s been almost six months and I’m amazed at how much my blog has grown. I can’t wait to see how everything continues to grow and what the future holds.
Advice for New Bloggers:
A couple things that I’ve learned that I think will be helpful for future bloggers:
- Everyone was a beginner once. Don’t worry about the numbers and just post what you love.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help…or Google something.
- Making friends is a great way to grow, but…
- DON’T spam every account about your blog or posts.
- Make sure you blog for the right reasons and NOT just as a means to make money or get free books.
- Have fun.
Some of those are general PSAs, others are tips that sometimes it’s easy to forget. Blogging isn’t about numbers or money. It’s supposed to be a fun way for you to share details of your life or talk about things you love. Oh and engage in the community! Interacting is more fun and is a great way to meet other bloggers or readers!
- Kristie from Tales of a Bookworm
- Marta from the book mermaid
- Annike and Zoe from Twin Tales
- Jessica and Jade from The Literary Birds
- Kayla from Rheya Reads
- Heather from The Sassy Book Geek
- Kathy from Books & Munchies
- Cassandra from Bookish Crypt
- Candace from Literary Dust
- Stacy, Justin, and Nikole from ACourtofBooksandCoffee
- Danielle from The Blonde Likes Books
- Stephanie from Adventures of a Bibliophile
- James from This Is My Truth Now
- Susan from Susanlovesbooks
- Donna from Moms Book Collection